Thursday, October 31, 2013

Last Deposit

This may be my last post here. With great pains, I've decided to stop posting to the Brain Refuse Depository. At least, I'm going on an indefinite hiatus.

Why? Well, first of all, I'm not the person I was when I started this blog. I've grown and changed a lot since 2004, which is a good thing. To put that in perspective, I hadn't even started my junior year of high school when I started posting here. And though that person propelled himself in a direction to become the person I am today, I'm not that person, so it doesn't make sense to collocate my current thoughts and attitudes with those of someone whom I'm not, presenting them as if they came from the same. It's fun to look back, but the juxtaposition is unwarranted.

This includes not only the subjects of the posts, but their construction and means. The way in which I went about arguments is different from how I go about them now. Of course, this will continue to change, but the change has been more dramatic in the past three years than any other time in my life.

Second of all, this was always intended to be, at least slightly, anonymous. It isn't really--a lot of people know this is me, but you'd have to know. As I move on to bigger and different things, I'd prefer to concentrate my efforts on a blog that isn't anonymous, constructing a reputation as a researcher.

Third, in my youth, I long struggled to find free, reliable webhosting. Between Geocities, Xoom, and Tripod, I found no satisfactory solution. Eventually, in my angsty teens, DeviantArt came along, and before it was taken over by furries, it was full of angsty teen poetry--my angsty teen poetry. This turned into angsty teen rants, wherein someone recommended I start a blog. So I did, and I never really returned to DeviantArt. That happened in August 2004, and that's where this blog began.

Life has changed. I can afford to rent webhosting now and do. Consequentially, I have no need for free whatever and can host my own website and blog, at long last.

All these things combined, it's time to move on. It's been fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->