Monday, August 17, 2009

Five Years of Logorrhea

My lab partner just pointed that this is the fifth anniversary of this blog. I've missed the anniversary every year, so this is just a damn lucky day.

I don't know where the logorrhea banner went. I had it on imageshack, I think, and it vanished. Since another year has passed, it's time for a new one.

If you're on Facebook, you might not be able to see the many internal links on the syndication of this post. Go to the original site.

To celebrate, I'm going to drink alone and brag about my huge repertoire of posts from the last five years... jesus fucking christ, five fucking years. I was in high school when I started this blog, and I knew everything. Now, the end of college is on the horizon, and I know nothing.

Let's have a retrospective:

+ I used to write rants on my DeviantART page. Someone on DeviantART said I needed a blog. I haven't posted on DeviantART since then. Well, I have, but not really.

+ I started the blog on August 17, 2004. Holy shit. That was a long time ago. I don't think Bush had even been reelected yet. In fact, I complained about it here.

+ The Vacuum Suckers post was great. It was the first post I wrote that had some essence of quality.

+ At some point, I added little features. These include the cycling subtitle, the n years of logorrhea banner, and the cool blue background.

+ RIAA Terror in Brief: For a while, I attempted to sum up events in the RIAA lawsuits thinking that they would someday end. I quit after a while because re-reporting shit is incredibly boring. I can't even find all the posts, though it looks like I wrote 6 of them. I'm not sure; the search tool is acting funny.

+ I've posted nearly at least one post per month, except for a brief hiatus after September 2006. This is because I was a college freshman, and drinking heavily was more exciting than having an opinion on the Internet.

+ Some posts were subtle. They still make me laugh. Others were blunt. They make me shake my head in shame. Yet some were so blunt that they still make me laugh. However bad, I refuse to delete old posts. They're there. At some point, I thought posting them was clever, so they will stay. Deleting them defeats the point of this blog.

Some questions and statements, as to the future:
+ How many of the 6,400 visitors to this blog, how many were simply bots searching for e-mail addresses to spam and websites to catalog into search engines?

+ Will posting quality improve? Will reader counts increase? Will I actually make money off this blog? (Answers: quality cycles, doubt it, doubt it even more because it depends on the result of the last question)

+ There will be more funny pictures. In fact, I might make one for every post I do. This is because I like eye candy, and my posts have grown longer over the years. A few pictures might help make those long blocks of angry text more bearable even to me.

+ The logorrhea banner will return. I didn't realize it was broken.

A reminder to the readers and myself--this blog is intended as nothing more than practice. Practice writing, practice ranting, practice web...siting. You're reading what's on my mind, barely revised, unreserved, apathetically produced.

I could do better, but I'm lazy. This is for fun. I'm not going to write a piece, sit on it for a week, and perfect it. That is not as much fun. This has no attachment (I hope) to my career, and I sure as shit don't make money off of it. It's a firing range for my literary skills and the rubbish that comes out of angry gun. It is a brain refuse depository. Nothing more. Enjoy my scraps.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm one of the 6,400 that isn't a bot. I promise. Though I've heard those new bots are able to read captchas...

Saturday, April 03, 2010 6:22:00 PM  
Blogger The Emperor of the Moon said...

great. computer scientists gone evil.

I think some of the new spam bots aren't bots at all. I get theses weird comments from users with Chinese names and some sort of fortune cookie wisdom, followed by ".................." that's actually a link to some website I've never been to. I think those bots are actually Chinese people payed to manually spam blogs. Not very profitable for people from then English speaking world, but for someone from the developing world, .5 cents per blog is money.

Sunday, April 04, 2010 2:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->