Monday, October 24, 2005

How to Be a Hypocrit I

Be a Christian. It doesn't work.

This is a little bit of logic, and a lot of rubber bands, but it's difficult to argue.

In Christianity, you are required to take your belief in God on faith. The Bible has "faith" smeared all over it as the foundation of the religion. Without faith, according to the Bible, the Bible is nothing.

So, what is faith? It is blind belief in a higher power. What else is blind belief? A guess or a gamble. And, of course, gambling is sinful, so therefore by being a Christian, you are sinning.

Next time, I'll think of some other way to be a hypocrit. Till then, keep lying to yourself!

*The true reason why I can't be a Christian is because I cannot truly believe in the Bible as factual without lying to myself, and I consider honesty a higher moral than the boring mass of religion. Therefore, honesty lives and religion dies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->