Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Cool Quotes List

I plan to add more later too:

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want
He makes me down to lie
Through pastures green He leadeth me the silent waters by.
With bright knives He releaseth my soul.
He maketh me to hang on hooks in high places.
He converteth me to lamb cutlets,
For lo, He hath great power, and great hunger."
Pink Floyd - Sheep

"son of the august cow... Gilgamesh is awesome to perfection."
-From Tablet I of the Epic of Gilgamesh

"I am no man, I am dynamite."
-Nietzsche

"His favorite shoes are Keds. His favorite food, fucking corn dogs."
- Chuck Palahniuk, Choke (3)

"I think I shall never see a poem as lovely as a hot-gushing, butt-cramping, gut-hosing orgasm."
- Chuck, Choke (19)

"That is really amazing,"[Zaphoid Beeblebrox] said. "That is really truly amazing. That is so amazingly amazing I think I'd like to steal it." - Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (32)

"'I don't want to die now!' [Arthur Dent] yelled. 'I've stille got a headache! I don't want to go to heaven with a headache, I'd be all cross and wouldn't enjoy it!'" - Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (47)

"Where shall I even begin to name off the technological goodies on this tile? We have round buttons, we have square buttons, there are data ports, there are flashing lights, there’s a central monitor. This computer tile has everything but the kitchen sink." -Lugnet.space Monthly Computer (March 2004 http://news.lugnet.com/space/comp)

"Mathematics is a shorthand language in which each symbol has a precise and agreed-upon meaning. Once the language is learned, we find that it is only a form of English after all." -Issac Asimov, Understanding Physics (17)

"
Why are politicians so full of shit? Why can't there be a congressman (congressman, yes man, tough shit to all you feminists) that just speaks his mind without the meaningless bullshit and ass kissing? Why can't they just say whatever it is they want to say, without trying to sound scholarly about it, and get to the point? Why do teachers and professors make you have a minimum limit of pages for reports? I had a history class last quarter, and the professor forced us to have at least 6 pages for every report we had to turn in. Well what if I don't have 6 pages worth to say? It forces people to write meaningless bullshit to fill in the spaces, which makes your argument much less effective. Politicians would make great teachers. They can go on and on about meaningless drivel and make their ass kissing sound like it's important." - Maddox (an older article about something, and I forgot to get the URL)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->